Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

白光 - 等著你回來 I’m waiting for you to come home by Bai Guang

I love this song.....
Artist: Bai Guang aka 白光
Title: I’m waiting for you to come home 等著你回來

Seriously, I'm sucker for 40s to 50s Chinese Songs, especially by Yao Lee and Bai Guang or Pow Soo Keong.....
Therefore, when i found this song in YouTube, I'm ecstatic to share with you guys that Bai Kuang is married to Malaysian, and she has a massive big tomb in Semenyih, Malaysia that looks like this...
800px-Bai_Guang_tomb_1
She even have her own piano tomb….
800px-Bai_Guang_tomb_2
That played her songs automatically….. OMG… imagine you were there midnight…. and I’m waiting for you to come home 等著你回來 is played during that time… eeerrriiiiieee….
Anyway, here is a little bout Bai Kuang… courtesy of Wikipedia!!!
Bai Guang aka Shi Yongfen is born in Beiping (now is known as Beijing) during 1921, moved to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during 1999  was a famous movie star and singer. By the 1940s, she became one of the Seven great singing stars.
Upon the Communist takeover in 1949, Bai moved to Hong Kong. By 1950 Bai tired of the low-quality films she was given and retired as an actress in China. After marrying an American GI, she lived in Japan and successfully opened a nightclub in Tokyo's Ginza District in 1953. The union did not last, and she returned to Hong Kong, recording some music through the late 1950s. In 1969 she resettled in the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur, where she married a man 20 years her junior. Her last public appearance was in 1995 at Hong Kong's TV top 10 Chinese singer award presentation.
On August 27, 1999 she died in Kuala Lumpur due to colon cancer at the age of 78
Bai's tomb rests in Semenyih, Malaysia. It is unique since it plays her music. Her gravesite attracts visitors from all around the world including China, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark and Spain.
It feels so weird because i can’t wait to leave Malaysia, but a famous singer like Bai Guang want to rest for the rest of her life here……  maybe i seriously don’t know how appreciate Malaysia yet…

No comments:

Post a Comment