Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

What If I'm A Russian Spy

Have you ever think you as a spy?

I always have this imagination that I'm a Russian Spy, which in reality, I'm Physiotherapist in a small hospital in Perak, but in fact, I'm a Russian Spy, I secretly underwent vigorous training with Russian Army few years back... before i was placed in Ipoh Hospital..... I was given a secret mission by Mother Russia




So, what is my mission in Ipoh Hospital????



Well, actually the mission is not in the Ipoh Hospital.......


The mission is to help Mother Russia to find out what can i can eat in one day trip in  Ipoh?

Early morning, i open my eyes wide awake, I asked myself what should i eat since I'm in Ipoh..... What is the best thing in Ipoh......Of course DIM SUM!!!!!!

6.30 am
Therefore, i spied on the new FOH SAN DIM SUM




I spied and waited for the waitress to serve me, and within 5 minutes, there are big changes in crowd in Foh San. I'm a big fan of Dim Sum, therefore I'm very picky in their ingredients and taste in each Dim Sum.... However, this is what a dim sum shop should be.... People shouting dim sum ingredients, patrons asked to refill water and the noisy sound of carts pushing around. I miss this moment....
                         6.45am                            

                            
                             6.50am
 The Dim Sums.....



Siu Mai and Ha Kau are some of the dim sums which are definitely a must in any Dim Sum. Foh San uses fresh prawn but their taste is not as authentic as before. The skin is not as QQ as last time. While the Siu Mai has less meat pork, in fact i can taste they use flour more......

The Pau 


If i want to know whether this Dim Sum house is good or not, i must try their Char Siu Pau..... Foh San Char Siu Pau has good smell once i tore them apart, but the char siu is slightly salty and the fat is just not enough to make the Char Siu Pau smells good......However, the pau is soft and chewy once their melted in my mouth....

9.30 am

After Dim Sum, I'm trying to figure out what should i have for proper breakfast of Ipoh local delicacy..... Nothing can beat Ipoh Hor Fun aka Kuey Teow.... And what is better than dried curry hor fun at  YAT YAT SENG at Ipoh Garden.... As a spy, i shouldn't miss this golden opportunity....


Dried Curry Keuy Teow 


Take a look nearer..... Mint leaves with steamed Kampung chicken


And then pamper my sweet tooth with egg pudding...

And then flushed down my tummy with a cup of delicious White Coffee




11.30 am

Then next destination for tea time, i dropped by JUSCO food court to spy on their local chee cheong fun.... Why i choose this chee cheong fun stall because this is the only chee cheong fun stall that served prawn sauce instead of the common mushroom sauce in Ipoh.... I dunno why Ipohians like mushroom sauce for the their chee cheong fun.

Add lots of green chili and chili sauce into the chee cheung fun!!!! And also lots of prawn paste sauce on all the yong liews!!!!!!!


2.00pm

I'm full and i do not want to spy on more more carbohydrates..... I'm spying on something soupy and lots of yong liews..... How bout a single pot steamboat???? So, i drop by AROI in Bercham!!!!

This is a special steamboat.... though i also like 'all you can eat' steamboat with lots of friends, but as a spy, i don't have lots of friends, so, i eat single-pot steamboat...


Nice tom yam flavour with lots of other yong liew



4.30pm

Where should i spy at this hour? And what should i  eat for my tea time??? How bout visit 'ton shui kai' behind sam tet high school for a 'ngap geok pau' aka duck feet bread?


There are no this kind of bread in Klang Valley, in fact, is my first time tasting this pau... this mission is really adventure... can u imagine duck feet stuffed into bread?
Then i took a bite....

Oh my god, the duck feet is so juicy and QQ at the same time, the juice flow in to the hot bread and melted in my mouth.....

7.30pm
It will be Yong Liew Fun with Hong Tau pin aka Red Bean Ice. The red bean ice is a well-blended of Red Bean with milk. Yummy..........

As usual yong liew fun is very common in Ipoh. I can order a bowl of kuew teow, mee or meehoon.... But at the end, i chose the dried mee....


 and picked the yong liews and i can choose either soup, curry, laksa or nothing as the base....



8.45pm
I spied on Sidewalk Ice Cream Lounge for their cheap Ice Creams.....


 Well, the Ice Cream is just filled with lots of wafers, nuts and raisins. Though they are not using Haagen Dazs or Baskin Robbins, but their toppings are enough to pamper my sweet tooth...

 

Well, the mission is ended....... NO WAY!!!!

Well, is definitely a failed mission if i do not spy the place for supper in Ipoh.....


11.00pm
How bout a bowl of hot yummy tau fu fa????


This tau fu fa here is served hot and also soft. It is so yummy i can even take two bowls of it in one go....

You read more on it from my old post here.


Dear Mother Russia,

There is nothing you can do in Ipoh. After this mission, I realized is not because of Ipoh has nothing to do, but is because i do not have time to do anything. If you see my schedule of the day, i only can eat and eat and eat through the whole day. I can try different delicacies in one day. So, i hope next time you come, you can enjoy our local Malaysian delicacies as i spied for you today!!!!!

My mission ended.......

Your sincerely,
Your Russian Spy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment