Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle or also known as Hauru no Ugoku Shiro is Japanese animated film, directed by Hayao Miyazaki of Studio Ghibli, famed for its Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. It is based on novel by Diana Wynne Jones on the same title. I really like this anime because I rather feel connected with the protagonist, Sophie. Connected in means of I wish I could have her determination to move on with her life despite the obstacles she faced during her journey with Howl. My journey is rather complicated. I bet everyone has the same problem.... But I rather want to be more optimistic towards my journey cause when I reach 70+, I know I have no regret because of the journey I put both of my foot…..

Let’s start with the story of Howl’s Moving Castle….
Sophie, a young lady who works in a hat shop, encounters a handsome yet mysterious wizard, Howl, who rescues her from menacing soldiers. At the same night, some kind weird witch cruelly curses Sophie by turning her into a 90-year old. Sophie feels so bad with her appearance of getting old, until she leaves her town and forces herself into the Wastes. During her journey in Wastes, she met Turnip Head, a scarecrow. Turnip head leads Sophie to Howl’s moving castle to secure a warm shelter. In the castle, Sophie meet Calcifer, a talking fire demon and Markl, a 8-year old apprentice, and of course, the Howl. She claimed herself as a cleaner for the castle, prepare the foods and discover many magical thingy happens in the castle. She also discovers herself as well as Howl. The rest of the story is about Howl and his summons to look for crown prince… and how Sophie and Howl develop feeling for each other.

I remember one of the words spoken by Sophie when she is the 90-year old hag, she said,

“There is one good thing of being old; you will not be easily surprised by things happen around you anymore”.

This anime set a place in my heart like any movies, dramas and animes….. I learnt from it again…….

No comments:

Post a Comment