Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Friday, January 17, 2014

"WELCOME" to foreign land... IS REALLY SUCKS....

For the first time, i felt that this is the bad incident that i experienced in foreign place.

I am already got used to the black cloak and headscarf and difficulty for women to travel alone in this foreign place. There is always a need for you to find a group of friends as companion, supportive and also advisors.

But, what happened to me is really unbelievable. For the first time, i feel like i want to cry because i find it difficult to live in this foreign place.

As a foreigner that works in the foreign place, is very important for me  to speed up the process for my working permit aka iqama. However, before the process of iqama, is important for me to receive an confirmation from the Council as an acknowledgement that i am a qualified healthcare worker. Therefore, besides filling up import ants documents, we need to send our documents to the council to verify the authentication of my qualifications from my home town. Not only that, i need to take an professional exam under an independent company.

After i verified my documents with the council, i submitted all the important documents to the clerk in the office. By the way, this clerk is one sweet lady who is superbly helpful who, speeds up the process of my application.  Thank you, Ms M. After three weeks, i received good news from her that the council gave me the eligibility number to proceed with my professional exam with the independent company. Therefore, without delay, i proceed with my application via online. During the application, i chose the independent company that i want to do my exam, but one mistake i made is, i chose the MALE section.

Therefore, today when i arrived 2 hours before my exam, the company refused to let me enter the exam hall because i am a female. And thank goodness, my driver is very helpful. He asked the company employee where should i take the exam then, he said is in another building. Then i asked the employee, i am eligible to take the exam there despite my address is here. He said yes. My driver asked the direction from the employee. And the kind driver detour to send me to the female section.

However, bad news came.

The female employee said i cannot do the exam because the female database does not have my information. Then we called the employee who directed me from the male section. He told me to wait. He said he will arrange exam for me at 12pm. I waited from 10am till 12pm, but at the end, the employee said i cannot take the exam. I feel so frustrated with these foreign place's people because of their lack of courtesy and rudeness. Not only they are lazy but they also not helpful. How could they leave a clueless foreign girl in a place of nowhere and do not who to ask for help regarding this matter because this is a private company.

I also feel frustrated because the female employee is terrible for allowing me to wait for 4 hours and without concern whether i can do the exam or not. If i make an effort to come 2 hours earlier because i know how foreign place's people work and their punctuality towards time, at least she should make an effort to contact the main branch of the company.

I called the main branch in Netherlands. The person said not only i am considered fail in the exam because i did not attend it. I also need to pay and reschedule the exam again.

For the first time, i feel i want to tear up and release all the frustration i feel with this country....

Like my friend said. "Welcome to this country!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment