Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Grumble of a Malaysia Government Servant Part 2

When i joined the physiotherapy college under the Ministry of Health, I met a few bunch of good lecturers which produced good students. These good lecturers are strict enough to be good. I believe in producing good foundation in each field. And if the foundation in these students are not strong, there goes their future and also the future of Physiotherapy in Malaysia, particularly public services.
However, during the years of studying in these college, i realized things are not so direct and clean as usual. You just need to play some political games, you can cruise your way into graduation hat with a blink. Some students are not producing well and doesn’t even know their anatomy right, can still pass their exam and graduate as physiotherapists. Can you imagine yourself seem by a physiotherapist who still think your Humerus bone is your Femur bone? You wouldn’t want that…
I vented out my frustration to a friend, and she told it can’t be control. Every time the school want to sack a low-graded student out, some-above will keep them stated it will be waste of money if you sack them out after Government supported them for 3 years.
And she is right, i have no control over it. And why would get so frustrated over it? I talked to few of my seniors at work place, and they told me they have been, done that and nothing will happened. And the ultimate advice they left me, just get over it, SL!!!
So, what happened when these students was chosen by people who are not in physiotherapy field? They ended up changing their hand phones every semester. And the end, patients suffered because they come to hospital for lousy services because these students were not given proper foundation. We may not be saving lives, but do not forget Physiotherapist are creating a new life for some people out there.
P/S: I am writing this post not because I'm against the government, I'm just venting out as a therapy for my burnt-out syndrome after 4 years a non-productive government servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment