Pages

This journey is incredibly humbling for me.

From being wounded and not knowing which way is up and wondering whether or not i could be ALIVE or not and at the same time, finding new MEANING in my new life in this FOREIGN place.....It's been an AMAZING journey

I am a daughter, sister, dog-owner and friend.

Currently, i am learning to train my mind and body. I want to hold my body, challenge my physical ability to a level i could never imagine.

I definitely have learn to stop letting these people who do so little for me in my life but control so much of my mind, feeling and emotions.

Learning to let them go from my life is definitely one of the best achievement i ever done to myself.

Goodbye my friends.... Hope when we meet again, we are once strangers again.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

We won!!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons that makes me feel at home in Saudi Arabia or keeps my time occupy in Saudi Arabia since i have no opportunity to go out as often as i was back in Malaysia is definitely this volleyball team. 

This is SCU aka Special Care Unit Volleyball team. Our team consists of 14 girls from different profession. We have Mely, Jerlie, Malou, Nikki and Janelle from ER,  Lorrie, Rhisa, Czarina, Chik and Pria from ICU, Cora from Endoscopy, Joy from Radiography, Indira from American school and me from Physical Therapy.

Picture courtesy of our beloved cheerleaders!!!
The number of girls we have from this team can even form 2 volleyball teams, but for some reasons, the girls decided to stay together in one big family. Although majority of the girls are from Philippines, and only me from Malaysia and Indira from US, but somehow we can click with each other and understand each other. These mutual understanding stems from a common reason is all of us love to play volleyball and the sportsmanship in each of us. In fact, all of us have different level of skills. Some of us are beginners, some of us are varsity level, some of us just join for the sake of exercises, some of us just want to play and some of us want to win over this championship!!!!

Picture courtesy of our beloved cheerleaders!!!
For the past two months, we had a volleyball championship in our hospital. There were 8 teams competing for the title. During the championship, many things happened, along the way our team stand together, pray to God even though we have different faith and religion together and play together. Each of us have different role because of the greediness we have to win this championship, we have main 6 members who play actively in the team, 2 team members who substitute actively, and 6 others who support the team outside the court. And of course not to forget, the wonderful cheerleaders from different departments cheers together for us to win. And throughout this championship we also met different opponents, some opponents are new to the game, some opponents are known as the best among us and some opponents have ex-varsity players in their team. And each opponent teaches us different things at different levels. We learnt to respect them, we discover new things in ourselves, we found common aims among us and most important, we learnt to be strong and not to give up and play like a team an winner too.

Therefore, in here i am proudly announce on 25th November 2015, my team, the SCU won the championship and we are the officially the best team in year 2015 in Al Hada Volleyball Championship!!!!

Picture courtesy of our beloved cheerleaders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment